Ultrasound cannot be seen, heard or touched. The outcomes when cleaning using high quality ultrasonic cleaners, however, certainly can. Break the sound barrier when banishing stubborn dirt!
In the category Ultrasonic cleaners we offer you products of the following brands: Elma.
Ultrasonic cleaners: dynamically perfect cleaning results
Scrubbing, scraping, going mad? Save yourself the work! Professional ultrasonic cleaners for industry and trade remove even stubborn deposits and coatings, even in the tiniest of corners and most complicated geometries. What work does that leave for you to do? Nothing except inserting the workpiece, starting the ultrasonic cleaner and waiting for perfect results.
How do ultrasonic cleaners work?
An ultrasonic cleaner is the non-destructive alternative to a sanding machine. Instead of sandpaper and electrically driven abrasion, it uses sound waves. They cause the medium water to vibrate. Water bubbles (cavitation) are produced as a result of excess pressure and negative pressure. These bubbles release a large amount of energy when they burst, and practically blast dirt off the workpieces needing cleaning.
What are the advantages of cleaners that use ultrasound?
The microscopically small ''blasts'' are accompanied by what are known as microjets, a focused jet of water in a miniature format. Much like a high-pressure cleaner, these jets blast dirt particles off the workpiece.
This function is why ultrasonic devices have proved their worth over and over again, both when working on personal items and for industrial cleaning:
- They remove deposits on components with rigid and complex surfaces.
- They reach the smallest angles, bends and recesses.
- Barely any chemicals are required, even for dried-on varnishes, oils and greases.
- They can also remove rust completely.
- They are gentle on the workpiece being cleaned.
- They clean automatically in accordance with a set cleaning time.
- Work requiring the workpieces can continue directly after cleaning.
For which applications are ultrasonic cleaners suitable?
Ultrasonic cleaners with an end-user format are specifically designed for jewellery and watches. However, industrial devices are popular as small parts cleaners not only for precious metals – they are indispensable in workshops and production for deep cleaning of carburettors, injectors and assemblies of all kinds. They can also be used for maintenance of filters, shafts or pumps.
For more information on the subject of small parts cleaning, we recommend our Guide to Small Parts Cleaners.
What do I look for when purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner?
- The frequency determines the size of the bubbles. 25 kHz is ideal for pre-cleaning, 45 kHz produces very fine bubbles that ensure thorough final cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaners are available as models with a fixed ultrasonic power between 35 and 40 kHz, or as models with a power output that can be adjusted from 25 to 45 kHz. And to expedite cleaning, these models also have pulse functions that can be activated separately.
- The capacity should be designed for the sizes of your most frequently cleaned components. Compact units with basins that hold around 10 litres are, literally, small part cleaners. Large units with a capacity of up to 97 litres can hold many different types of assemblies and workpieces. Be sure to add a little extra to your calculations when deciding which capacity to purchase.
- Timers and a heater that can be regulated allow you to adapt the cleaning power to suit the workpiece. The more exactly the controls can be regulated, the more gently your assemblies are cleaned. Details such as stainless steel housings that are protected from drip water, drainage equipment and transport options are standard features with all models.
Which cleaning concentrate is recommended for ultrasonic devices?
Industrial cleaning agents for ultrasonic cleaners help ensure that all components can be cleaned in the device quickly and thoroughly. For example, they emulsify oil that ends up in the basin of water, ensuring that you can remove a clean workpiece. Cleaning concentrates for ultrasonic devices also have a very high yield and are designed for higher cleaning temperatures.
You not only save costs, but also reduce your consumption of chemical additives. When purchasing them, pay attention to the formulation. KAISER+KRAFT gives you the choice between powerful special products and gentler general-purpose cleaners made with natural substances. You can find out whether a cleaning fluid is suitable for ultrasonic cleaners by taking a look at the name and the product data sheet. To guarantee perfect outcomes with no damage, only ever use these products.