Which (health) aspects play a role when choosing office furniture?
Long periods spent sitting in an (unnatural) position to write has long term consequences for your health. Which consequences these are, and how to avoid them, is revealed in our guide to ''healthy sitting''.
If you are tackling a new office space project, like the one we worked on with the company CWS-boco, or if you wish to give your current furnishings an update, then make sure you take a close look at ergonomics:
- The right office chair has utmost priority for healthy posture.
- The desk should not be stationary, but rather its height and alignment should be able to be adjusted for the individual employee.
- Our drawer pedestals made by Mauser and other brands promote ergonomic work, because they feature smooth running drawers, are easy to move and keep the workplace open for all types of posture and partitioning.
A well thought out arrangement of your office furniture should also encourage your employees to change their posture in regular intervals, to stand up, and to move around.
Yet despite all the ergonomics: every person is different. And a workstation that has been configured perfectly, in theory, won't necessarily satisfy the requirements of the person who sits at it every day in practice. This is why the procurement of office furniture requires a dialogue.
Which other factors do I need to consider when purchasing my office furniture?
Apart from all the questions about employee health, office furniture also needs to satisfy many other requirements – as, for example, you can read about in the purchasing guide to healthy sitting in the office:
- Durability and robustness for intensive, daily use
- High quality appearance and pleasant to the touch
- Hygiene and easy cleaning of surfaces, upholstery, etc.
Moreover, we have also identified other important aspects:
- Think for the long term: office furniture should be replaced around every ten years or so, as the regulations change every five years.
- Visual trends should not tend to play a role when choosing the furniture, so that you furniture still harmonises after years of use. Timeless design is the key, and this is what we offer you with all our office furniture and office furniture series.
- The floor plan and the furniture should be coordinated. When it comes to the question of which furniture is ideal for your office, we're happy to advise you.
How can we help you along?
In many different ways! We at KAISER+KRAFT devote a lot of time and energy to the topic of office furniture and equipment. For example, by providing detailed descriptions of the latest products, such as the electrically height adjustable Upliner desk 2.0. Or by giving you lots of useful tips for everyday work in our purchasing guides. Worth mentioning are the purchasing guides about:
If you have special requests or specific requirements, our CAD planning service is also there for you. And even if you only have a quick question, feel free to contact us by phone, email or in customer chat.
These products may also be of interest to you: